Any time of year is a good time for sport fishing in Fiji, especially from Fiji’s Suncoast. The tropical blue sea around Volivoli Beach is teaming with numerous varieties of game fish, and they have just the boat and gear to go out and catch it!
Half Cast Charters @ Volivoli Beach Resort
Sport Fishing Seasons
- Dogtooth Tuna: Year-round
- Giant Trevally: Year-round
- Spanish Mackerel: Year-round
- Sailfish and Marlin: Year-round, peaking November through February
- Wahoo: Year-round, peaking May through September
- Yellowfin Tuna: Year-round, peaking November through May
- Mahi Mahi: December through January and June through August
HalfCast perfect for sport fishing
Volivoli’s fully licensed 35 foot Cobra Center Console with Feruno GPS and Fish finder is powered with twin Suzuki DF140 outboard engines.
She is set up for both sports fishing with a massive casting platform at the bow and stand-up game fishing with 5m telescopic Ruup outriggers and live bait tank.
Perfect Sport Fishing Destination
The Bligh waters host an unimaginable amount of reef structure in the form of bommies — some rising from 1000m to 1m in a sheer wall.
The current created between the islands of Viti Levu, (where Volivoli is located) and Vanua Levu, combined with depth and reef structure, assures amazing sports and game fishing.
It’s hard to resist the opportunity to relax on the open water with a cold beer while you wait for a bite.
And when you return ashore with your catch, our chefs will be happy to cook it for you.
Half Cast Specifications
- 10m Aluminum mono hull Center Console, Noah Thompson Design
- Powered: twin Suzuki DF 140’s
- Marine Safety Authority of Fiji certified license
- Licensed for 12pax max 6divers + crew/ 4 Anglers
- Marine radio/ cell back up
- Life jackets
- Flare kit
- Anchor & rope
- First aid kits
- Padded/cushioned seats
- Tanks racks
- 5m Ruup industry telescopic outrigger poles
- Large forward casting platform and rail
- Live bait well
- Salt water deck wash
- Entry / Exit Giant stride/ 2 x Fin friendly ladders